Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day 229- Journey to Dreamland

I've been wanting to take this picture forever. This book was written by my Great-Grandmother, my Dad's Mom's Mom. Got it? Anyway, my Grandma read this to my Dad when he was little and my Dad read it to me and now I read it to Quinn. The little girl on the cover is supposed to look like my Grandma. I love the smell of this book. It's old and dusty. And the pages are beautifully yellowed. There were only a few copis left and my Dad just finally gave me mine. The jacket is ripped but I still love it so much. It's full of happy fairy tales, nothing scary or sad, like most of the classic fairy tales we know. Just sweet stories of curious puppies and raindrops falling in love and magic wandmakers. My childhood dreams came from the stories in this book and I hope Quinn's will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment