Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day 192- Parting Elizabeth


The year I was born my Dad bought a yellow Jeep and he named it Elizabeth. I pretty much grew up in this Jeep. I have been to mountains and deserts and beaches, California, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Utah, Arizona and more. All in this little yellow Jeep. My Dad built Elizabeth up so she was louder than any other Jeep of her size and age. More powerful too. And able to go anywhere in any terrain. This Jeep pulled two full sized pickup trucks out of the sand in Pismo Beach. My casted broken wrist was once duct taped to the roll bar of this little Jeep (another story entirely!). Elizabeth was the very first vehicle I ever drove. And my Dad named the handle bar in the front seat the Audie Bar, because I would go anywhere with him and even if it was rough I would hold on tight to that bar and be okay. And now, my Dad has moved on. He bought a Rubicon and suddenly little, yellow Elizabeth is no longer necessary. My Dad is making a very decent amount of money parting her out. And every time I walk into his garage and see the pile that she has become, I feel sad remembering all the places we've been together. I will miss you, Elizabeth. Maybe I can keep the Audie Bar.

2 comments:

  1. Picture is great and I love the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Carm, love the picture and the post! I think you should definitely keep the Audie bar! You can hang it on the wall :-)

    ReplyDelete